Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Home"made Holiday project

Yes, as the time (and date) stamp on this post shows, it has been practically two months since my last post. Such a sad showing for a blog. So much has happened in the last two months that well, I actually fail to recall at this point, what those happenings were. Ah, my terrible memory strikes again.

So with Christmas 9 days away, am about 98% done with my shopping. That is an all-time record in being early for me, since I tend to cram and complete my shopping around the 23rd. This year, I ended up not buying any Christmas wrapping paper though (well, not exactly...). The 2 sources of this year's wrapping paper are:

(1) Leftover wrapping paper from last Christmas; and
(2) Nico's dozens of art work on flip chart paper from school -- which I have made into wrapping paper.



Initially I started to collect the artwork, not able to bear throwing these precious things away. But with the weekly (and sometimes, more than once a week) collection of painted papers piling high on the buffet table, I decided to take photos of the art and considered disposing of them instead.

Luckily, I came across the blog of a homeschooling mother involving her child in painting on kraft paper - creating their holiday wrapping paper. 'What a great idea!', I thought. And off I ran to buy some red, green and gold paint - along with a HUGE roll of kraft paper, with aspirations of getting my son to create our wrapping paper this year.

Ah, how foolish Mommy was to believe he would actually be interested in such activity! Behold, he agreed to paint (a section of) the kraft paper twice. And so - I decided to recycle his art from school -- after all, he had created these as well.

They turned out very nice too! :) Happy Holidays from mine to yours!



p.s. Anyone in need of craft paper and paints?

Update as of 1Jan2012: Nico eventually got interested in painting on the kraft paper, and I had a good amount of homemade wrapping paper that I used for Christmas. Hooray!

1 comment: