Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Decluttering the mind

I love Mind Maps! Ever since one of my colleagues introduced it to me about 5 years ago, it has done wonders for organizing my very cluttered thoughts in developing programs and projects. I suspect the top reason I must like it is because I am a LIST person! My MBTI profile shows I am a very strong "J" (judging")! I love lists, planners and calendars.

I suppose the second reason Mind Maps and I get along so well is because of all the colorful icons and ways that you can make the map so visually appealing. While I am not the most creative of the bunch, I certainly enjoy artsy fartsy activities!

Lastly, it just feels good and productive to "release" and just do a bit of personal brainstorming after weeks of feeling stumped. If you haven't done any mindmapping before, do give it a try the next time your ideas are all a crazy mess in your head. It might just work for you!

Mind Map shown above is not my own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment