Monday, July 25, 2011

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother

I've got shelves full of books that I have started and never finished, for all sorts of reasons. Been too busy, got too bored, or just plainly forgot I had bought them.

And so my husband was quite surprised to hear that I had bought this book - Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother - and actually finished it within days of buying it, which is probably a testimony of what an interesting read it is. I just heard about it from a friend, not knowing that it apparently raised so much controversy (if you would call it that) because of the author (Amy Chua)'s extreme parenting style.


I don't intend this post to be a review or a spoiler. I just wanted to say that I (yay!) finished the book, and enjoyed it! It was an easy read and I, thought, a good one at that! While I may not subscribe to this particular parenting style, it was certainly entertaining and insightful.

Now back to my shelf to attempt to finish another book....

No comments:

Post a Comment